Telephone: (310) 276-9800
David Savar, M.D. is an ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeon practicing in Beverly Hills. He is the chief of ophthalmology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and a professor at UCLA. Dr. Savar specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the eyes, eyelids, and eye sockets. He is an internationally known and respected teacher, lecturer, and researcher and is one of the few plastic surgeons worldwide that is also a board-certified ophthalmologist. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology and is also a fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Savar is listed in Who’s Who in Ophthalmology and is one of the U.S. News and World Report TOP DOCTORS IN AMERICA.
Dr. Savar is delighted to have welcomed into his practice two outstanding colleagues: his sonsAaron and Louis, both of whom are very fine ophthalmologists and ophthalmic plastic surgeons. All three of the Drs. Savar were expertly trained in the finest academic programs and are busy La Peer surgeons.
- B.A.: Johns Hopkins University
- M.D.: Boston University
- Internship: (Medicine) Michael Reese Medical Center, Chicago
- Residency: (Ophthalmology) Jules Stein Eye Institute of U.C.L.A.
- Fellowship: (Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery) University of Toronto
LICENSURE AND BOARD CERTIFICATION
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology.
- Licensed Physician & Surgeon, State of California.
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Fellow, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons.
ACADEMIC & ADMINISTRATIVE APPOINTMENTS
- Associate Professor, Jules Stein Eye Institute of UCLA.
- Visiting lecturer in Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, University of California, Irvine.
- Jules Stein Eye Institute of UCLA, Los Angeles
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Olympia Medical Center, Los Angeles
- La Peer Surgery Center, Beverly Hills
MEMBERSHIPS, OFFICES AND COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS
- Member, Los Angeles County Medical Association.
- Member, California Medical Association.
- Vice-President, California Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons.
- Member, Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology.
- Member, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
- President, Professional Club of Los Angeles.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS & MAJOR APPOINTMENTS
- Clinical Chief of Ophthalmology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles.
- Assistant Chairman, Department of Ophthalmology, Midway Hospital, Los Angeles.
- Director, Ophthalmic Trauma and Emergency Services, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles.
- Visiting Surgeon, Tegucigalpa, Honduras, under the auspices of the International Eye Foundation.
- Expert Medical Reviewer, Medical Board of California.
- Physician Adjudicator, Insurance Review Committee, Los Angeles County Medical Association.
- Volunteer Physician, Los Angeles Free Clinic.
AWARDS & HONORS
- Recipient, Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology Merit Award for Research in Clinical Science.
- Scientific Reviewer, “Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery”, the journal of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- “A New Approach to Ocular Moisture Chambers”, Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus.
- “Intraocular Effect of Lint Particles from Paper Drapes”, Annals of Ophthalmology.
- “Orbital Tissue Augmentation with RTV Silicone — a 14-year Follow-up study”, Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology.
- “Form-Fitted Spectacle Moisture Chambers–a practical guide to their construction”, Archives of Ophthalmology.
- “High-Dose Radiation to the Orbit Causing Skin Graft Failure after Exenteration”, Archives of Ophthalmology.
- “Medial Canthal Tenodysis for Correction of Medial Ectropion,” in press.
- “Case Report: Congenital Orbital Teratoma”, in press.
Address: 433 N. Camden Dr #1150 Beverly Hills, CA, 90210
Office#: (310) 276-9800