Email: [email protected]
Maurice Elihu, M.D. is a board-certified gastroenterologist that specializes in the comprehensive evaluation of digestive disorders with emphasis on prevention of colorectal, esophageal, and stomach cancers.
Dr. Elihu, who is fluent in English and Farsi, believes that every patient is unique and requires a trusting relationship with his or her physician. The key to proper diagnosis and treatment is personal attention to every patient, spending adequate time assessing and evaluating each individual. Health maintenance and disease prevention are key elements in Dr. Elihu’s practice of medicine, while lifestyle (including diet and nutrition) plays a vital role in the overall health of an individual. Dr. Elihu incorporates the latest research and technical skills in his daily practice.
Dr. Elihu completed his Bachelor’s of Science degree with a double major from UCLA. He earned his medical degree from St. George’s University, which included a year of training and research in the United Kingdom. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine followed by a fellowship in Gastroenterology at Cornell University’s affiliated programs and Columbia University in New York. He also served as Chief Resident a position granted only to the most distinguished physicians.
After completion of seven years of extensive postgraduate training in New York, Dr. Elihu returned to Los Angeles to better serve the community where he grew up. He is also an active member of American College of Gastroenterology & Southern California Society of Gastroenterology as well as a Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine and American Board of Gastroenterology. Dr. Elihu has received numerous awards for his expertise in patient care and research, and he is a lecturer and speaker at national, international and scientific conferences.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Upper Endoscopy (EGD) and Colonoscopy
- Diagnosis and treatment of various digestive disorders including abdominal pain, gas, bloating, constipation and diarrhea
- Management of acid reflux (GERD) and ulcer disease
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Colorectal cancer screening and prevention
- Esophageal cancer screening and prevention
- Stomach (gastric) cancer screening, prevention and treatment of H. pylori
- Infections of the gastrointestinal system including Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac disease
- Detailed nutritional assessment and counseling
- Food allergy testing and evaluation
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) including ulcerative colitis & Crohn’s disease.
- Swallowing disorders
- Liver, gall bladder, and biliary system disorders
- Pancreatic disorders
- Halitosis (bad breath)
- Hemorrhoid treatment
- Breath test
- Capsule Endoscopy and Push Enteroscopy to evaluate the Small Intestine
- Imaging services including ultrasound (sonography)
Beverly Hills / Century City
2080 Century Park East, Suite 1804
Los Angeles, CA 90067
TEL: (310) 551-9900
FAX: (310) 551-9920
16311 Ventura Blvd., Suite 925
Encino, CA 91436
TEL: (818) 783-4030
FAX: (310) 551-9920
For more information please visit our website: www.DrElihu.com