Email: [email protected]
Jeffrey S. Goodman, MD, is a cardiologist in Los Angeles associated with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Dr. Goodman specializes in cardiovascular disease, with a subspecialty in cardiac electrophysiology.
Dr. Goodman is double board-certified in both cardiovascular disease and cardiac electrophysiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), which certifies medical professionals who practice internal medicine and its subspecialties. He has held a California State medical license since 1989 and offers clinical support in the following areas:
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat and heart rhythm disorders)
- Atrioventricular (AV) Heart Block
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA)
- Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Cardiac arrhythmia treatment
Dr. Goodman has been in practice for more than 20 years. He treats a wide range of cardiovascular conditions, including atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter, cardiac arrhythmias, conduction disorders and mitral valvular disease. Additionally, Dr. Goodman performs angioplasty, cardiac rehabilitation, cardioversion, pacemaker and defibrillator surgery and other cardiovascular procedures.
Dr. Goodman earned his high school diploma from Robert E. Lee High School in Tyler, Texas in 1972; this represented Dr. Goodman’s first step in his journey to become a leading cardiologist. Next, Dr. Goodman received a Bachelor of Arts in Biology from The University of Texas at Austin in 1974. He earned his master’s degree from Georgetown University in 1984 and graduated from the university’s medical school in 1988. He joined Cedars-Sinai as an intern in 1989 and completed his medical residency and fellowship at the hospital. Dr. Goodman most recently earned his M.B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Anderson School of Management in 2004.
Awards and Recognition
In his academic and professional careers, Dr. Goodman has earned a number of recognitions, including:
- Los Angeles Magazine Best Doctors, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology, 2013
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification, Practice Fusion EHR, Practice Fusion Inc., 2012 and 2013
- Super Doctor, SuperDoctors.com, 2012
- Friends of Nursing Award, Cedars-Sinai, 2008
- Heart Saver Award, Save-A-Heart Foundation, 1997
- Laverna Titus American Heart Association Cardiology Research Award, 1994
- Saul Fox Award for Medical Research, 1991
- Solomon’s Scholar Award for Excellence in Research, 1989 and 1990
- Magna Cum Laude Phi Beta Kappa, Junior Fellow, Orientation Advisor, Dormitory Advisor, Pre-Medical Advisor, The University of Texas at Austin, 1972-1974
- National Honor Society, President of Sophomore Class, President of Junior Class, President of Student Body, All District in Football, Voted Most Likely to Succeed, Robert E. Lee High School, 1969-1972
Dr. Goodman has contributed to several articles published in biomedical and life sciences journals. He also speaks multiple languages, including English, Arabic, Filipino, Hebrew, Russian and Spanish.
To schedule an appointment with our expert cardiologist, Dr. Jeffrey Goodman, call us at 855.360.9119 or email us today!